Virtual Rally to End Horseracing
This Saturday, Horseracing Wrongs will be partnering with The Coalition for the Protection of Racehorses in Australia and Animal Aid in the United Kingdom to protest horseracing worldwide! This event will take place in YOUR HOME, IN YOUR BACKYARD on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
On this day, the day that would have been the Kentucky Derby, a day of smoke & mirrors, a day in which the racing ruse is at its most obscene – mint juleps and loud hats, “pampered athletes” and “The Sport of Kings” – we will remind the public that Horseracing Is Animal Cruelty, that Horseracing Kills Horses.
As we stay safe and social distance, we will memorialize the horses killed thus far in 2020 and the multiple thousands killed – on track, in stall, at the slaughterhouse – every year. Tweet the truth about this horrible industry and be a voice for those who cannot speak.
How to participate in the rally:
1. Tweet using the hashtags #EndHorseracingNOW and #HorseracingKillsHorses (“Tweet Sheet” here).
2. Have you attended a protest? Post a photo of yourself at one or a selfie with a homemade sign on Facebook and Instagram telling people why horseracing is cruel. Tag Horseracing Wrongs and use the hashtags #EndHorseracingNOW and #HorseracingKillsHorses.
3. Post an educational graphic on your social-media accounts (see Event Page) asking friends and family not to attend, bet on, or watch horseracing. Tag Horseracing Wrongs and use the hashtags #EndHorseracingNOW and #HorseracingKillsHorses.
4. Have you adopted or rescued a racehorse? Post a photo with his or her story or educational information about horseracing cruelty. Tag Horseracing Wrongs and use the hashtags #EndHorseracingNOW and #HorseracingKillsHorses.
5. Invite everyone you know to this event and let us know that you will be participating as a voice for the horses! Share!
For more information, please visit our Event Page!